Happy New Year everyone!!!
I hope you had a great night and I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2012!! As you know, I spent New Year in Cape Town with Chicane. It was a really fun and eventful gig; There were several stage invasions, I made a few new friends who wanted me to sneak them into England in my suitcase and a lady appeared from nowhere, ran onto the stage screaming "I LOVE YOU!!!" and kissed me full on the lips...for a long time... Then she ran off and disappeared into the crowd! It wasn't that bad actually! I see where men are coming from now! It was a good night, I was even less rock and roll than usual as I only drank water (!!???!!) and we had fun! I managed to film a little during "Poppiholla" as one of the invasions was happening. Check it out below.
The next day, we went up Table Mountain! I'm a tourist so bought a mug from the souvenir shop and had a hot chocolate in the clouds! Mmmmmm..... I would upload photos but the visibility was so poor up there, it was like being in the title sequence of Highway To Heaven!! Was freezing so we didn't see much wildlife but we did manage to spot the hind legs of a Dassie (They're related to elephants but look nothing like them!) tucked away in the bushes! It was cute but don't feed them as they get hooked and turn nasty apparently!
Home now and happy as my back is killing from all the flying I've done recently. A bit of Alexander technique is required! Go here: Jane Gregory, to check out my fantastic teacher's website! She's lovely, sorted my back out brilliantly and reminds me a bit of Uma Thurman!
2011 was a good year with lots of fun, ups, downs, surprises, endings and new beginnings and experiences and I hope 2012 will be even better for all of us! I'd like to thank you for your support, messages, words of encouragement and for reading my silly blogs all year! I really do appreciate it! :-) I've ordered my annual David Beckham calendar for the kitchen and bought a new diary so I'm officially ready to start the year! I hope you all have a great 2012! Will write soon! Mxxx
A few New Year's resolutions before I go...
1) I will eat before 2pm so I don't feel unwell. Breakfast would help.
2) I will unpack my suitcase as soon as I get back from tour. I pack so much stuff (I need options!!) so it's laborious but must be done!
3) I will not show the local butcher my post-pedicure feet. No matter how insistent he is!
4) I will return to The Motherland (Wolverhampton) more often to see my lovely family and breathe in the refreshing Midlands air!
5) I will remember that yoghurt (even a big tub of Dr Oetker's Mango, Passionfruit and Papaya) is NOT a meal.
6) I will be more compassionate and loving towards others. Even the mean people... Including my miserable neighbour who hasn't cracked a smile in all the years I've lived next door to him even when I smile and say hello to him in the hallway! Misery. (That one may need a bit of work!)
7) I will not date and won't even consider dating drummers as you know how that always ends... Or horn players cos that's just bad news... Let's just say musicians... No, that's harsh. Bass players can stay!
8) I will try to remain present and take each moment for what it is.
I'm working on a few of these already. Let's see how I get on! Merry New Year! xXx